(three course units)
Select three courses from the following list. Students who take CSC 250 to satisfy CSC 220 and 230, must select four courses. Students may take additional options courses for free elective credit (exception: placement out of WRI 102 or foreign language must be replaced by liberal learning courses, not CSC courses).
Choose three (or four, see above) courses from the following: (3 or 4 course units)
- CSC 307: Data Mining and Predictive Modeling
- CSC 315: Database Systems (formerly CSC 446)
- CSC 320: Information Retrieval (cross listed as IMM 320)
- CSC 350: Computer Graphics
- CSC 360: Computer Networking
- CSC 380: Artificial Intelligence
- CSC 425: Compilers and Interpreters
- CSC 426: Machine Learning
- CSC 435: Programming Languages
- CSC 445: Theory of Computation
- CSC 450: Computer and Network Security
- CSC 470: Topics in Computer Science
- CSC 471: Genomics and Bioinformatics (same as BIO 470 when the topic is Genomics and Bioinfomatics)
Up to three capstone courses may be chosen, selected with advisement and departmental approval. The additional capstone course(s) may apply toward the CS options, with departmental approval.
- CSC 399: Internship in Computer Science
- CSC 498: Mentored Research I in Computer Science
- CSC 499: Mentored Research II in Computer Science
CSC 391/Independent Study in Computer Science may apply towards the CS options with departmental approval.