Mathematics Correlate Requirements
Students are required to take the following three major-level math/statistics courses:
- MAT 127 (Calculus A)
- MAT 205 (Linear Algebra) or MAT 128 (Calculus B)
- STA 215 (Statistical Inference)
Natural Science Correlate Requirements
Students who entered the major prior to Fall 2019 must take three major-level laboratory sciences, with advisement.
Students who enter the major in Fall 2019 or later must take two major-level laboratory sciences, with advisement.
Approved Science Courses
The following is a partial list of courses that have been approved to meet the Natural Science requirements for the Computer Science major. Additional upper-level courses may also meet the requirement, with advisement.
- BIO 201 – Foundations of Biological Inquiry (formerly known as BIO 185: Themes in Biology, effective Fall 2016).
- BIO 211 – Biology of the Eukaryotic Cell
- BIO 221 – Ecology and Field Biology
- BIO 231 – Genetics
- CHE 201 – General Chemistry I
- CHE 202 – General Chemistry II
- PHY 201 – General Physics I
- PHY 202 – General Physics II
- PHY 261 – Stellar Astronomy
Students who entered the major prior to Fall 2019 may choose at most one of PHY 120 – Introduction to Geology, PHY 161 – Introduction to Astronomy, PHY 162 – Astronomy: Planets, PHY 163 – Astronomy: Stars & The Universe, or PHY 171 – Introduction to Meteorology, to meet a natural science correlate requirement. Students who enter the major in Fall 2019 or later cannot take any of these courses to meet a natural science correlate requirement.
Students who entered the major prior to Fall 2019 must also take one additional math or statistics or science course that counts towards the respective major requirements.
Additional Approved Math Courses
MAT 128 or MAT 205 or courses numbered above 205, i.e. MAT 229 or above, approved for Math or Statistics majors, with advisement.
STA courses numbered above 215, i.e. STA 270 or above, approved for Math or Statistics majors, with advisement.