1. Why did you decide to study and teach Computer Science?
When I was in high school, I was excited about how computers could do some amazing things for humans. So, I decided to study computer science. Later, during my Ph.D., I got an opportunity to teach Computer Science courses at Wichita State and I realized that I liked teaching. Eventually, I am here to teach computer science
2. What have been your favorite classes that you have taught while at TCNJ?
Data Structures, Smart Grid Communication Networks, Programming Languages, etc.
3. What is your favorite part about your job?
My job provides me with the opportunity to teach and do research.
4. What specific research topic/project are you most excited about this semester?
Developing wayfinding applications for visually impaired persons;
Solving data management problems in smart grid AMI networks.
5. What was your dream job as a child?
Working in a technology-related field.
6. What are your favorite places to eat in or around campus?
Campus town retail shops.
7. What is your favorite non-academic book, movie, or tv show?
Bengali poetry books and novels.
8. What advice would you give to first-year students?
Learn and explore.
9. What is your favorite place on campus?
10. Please share a “fun fact” about you that hasn’t been mentioned already.
I like playing soccer and cricket. The last time I played these sports was during my Ph.D.