1. Why did you decide to study and teach Computer Science?
I had a passion since [a] young age, starting with my ZX Spectrum (48K of RAM) when I was 13. Never looked back.
2. What have been your favorite classes that you have taught while at TCNJ?
Algorithms! Every semester I learn something new while teaching the class.
3. What is your favorite part about your job?
Exchanging knowledge with students that enjoy learning.
4. What specific research topic/project are you most excited about this semester?
My attention is divided almost equally between my protein library design project and the music arrangement one.
5. What was your dream job as a child?
Once I started understanding the world better I knew that computer science was my calling.
6. What are your favorite places to eat in or around campus?
My office, it has an excellent ambience!
7. What is your favorite non-academic book, movie, or tv show?
1984 was my favorite read since (I was) very young. Many movies impressed me, including Brazil and Casablanca. Too many shows to mention, Rick and Morty is one of my current favorites.
8. What advice would you give to first-year students?
Keep your mind and body strong and everything will work out.
9. What is your favorite place on campus?
I love walkways that travel among buildings and trees.
10. Please share a “fun fact” about you that hasn’t been mentioned already.
I play the classical guitar, I like riding and working on bikes, and, to my recollection, I have not yet turned down a table tennis challenge!