The Computer Science Department at The College of New Jersey prepares students to attain the following student outcomes by the time of graduation:
- An ability to analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- An ability to communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- An ability to recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- An ability to apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
The Department assesses these outcomes through various means.
Reviewed and Approved 06/04/2020